Westcountry Tea Co. Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code
Westcountry Tea Co. confirms that it supports, and trades in line with the ETI Base Code.
Supplier approval takes in to consideration the supplier’s support of the ETI Base Code, suppliers are asked to confirm that they and their suppliers meet the requirements of the code.
The following requirements followed by Westcountry Tea Co. and our approved suppliers.
- We are committed to using and promoting the use of plastic free from our tea bag material to the packaging and everything in-between.
- We maximise the use of post consumer materials where possible. Any packaging materials that can be reused safely we will. i.e. If we receive bubble wrap etc. We will give it another life by reusing.
- All of our waste is recycled or composted and we ask for our suppliers to follow this standard when possible.
- Employment freely chosen
- Freedom of association
- Safe and hygienic working conditions
- No child labour
- Living wages paid
- Working hours not excessive
- Employee equality
- No harsh or inhumane treated